Hi,

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 3:44 PM, Jim Hall <jh...@freedos.org> wrote:

> I clicked Send before I meant to. The date ("version 5/93") suggests this is
> GNU GPL v2. The GNU GPL v2 was released in 1991, and the GNU GPL v3 was
> released in 2007.

Just FYI, I did mirror NNANSI to iBiblio recently. It is GPLv2, but it
does maybe have some small (test?) auxiliary program or two that
aren't. I didn't feel like mucking with the original .ZIP without good
reason (plus was too busy with other concerns), but perhaps now would
be a better time to take a closer look.

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/dos/nansi/nnansi/nnans593.zip

For the record, this was also on Simtel back in the day (circa 1993,
with "old" license):

67946 Jun 06  1993 /msdos/screen/nnans593.zip

IIRC, this was originally heavily modified by Tom Almy but based upon
Daniel Kegel's work. With upstream NANSI.SYS 3.4 in 1999, Kegel
re-released his as GPL, and Almy followed suit with his fork soon
after (2001).

http://www.almy.us/dospage.html
http://www.almy.us/files/nnans593.zip

18009  2001-10-28 13:36   GPL.TXT

P.S. sparky, I would recommend against including a *.LST file in your
.ZIP, it's just a waste of space.