My recommendation is dig out your old PC and do a refurb. A quieter PSU can
be obtained for $20 and a couple of low rpm fans for $20

I just built a "new" retro machine and I am having a blast! An intel
SE440BX-2 motherboard, PIII 500MHz CPU 384 RAM 3.5" & 5.25 Drive, 4 hard
drives (two of which are dedicated to FreeDOS; ISA ESS 1868 Audiodrive
Card, PCI Yamaha YMF724 card I had about half the parts on hand, so my
additional cost was about $150 (Motherboard, CPU, RAM , case, PSU and Fans).