I may have found a solution for your EDIT / Mouse issue. On one of my PC's
(an old Compaq) I use this driver:
http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=92231&swItemId=PSG_I8512_18797&swEnvOid=139

SP2259,EXE Logitech Mouse
which has a DOS enhancement for mouse sensitivity, speed etc.
One of the options is a blink option - I tried it today and when I set it
to blink my mouse cursor actually stabilized when using FreeDOS Edit.
You might give it a try and see how it does on your machine.