Hey all!

Once again I am trying to run some old programs under Linux emulation DOSEMU
which is making use of FREEDOS. In one of them you have the option to delete
directories, it does it like this:

del C:\directory\*.rec

del C:\directory\*.dat

del C:\directory\eti.bin

rd C:\directory

As "rd" only removes directories if they are empty the folder to be removed
must only contain files of types .rec, .dat and a file eti.bin else it won't
be removed. My problem is that today there are some other files in this
folder too so I can't remove it from within my program.

The appropriate way to delete directories would be 'deltree' I guess but
that's a standalone .com program while rd and del are part of command.com. I
tried to create a file rd.bat which should catch the call but if I do
"rd.bat" freedos wants to remove the directory ".bat". Is there any way to
get a workaround to this or how can I compile my own version of command.com?

Thanks

Hans-Christian