Don,

in my opinion this is a SHELL bug.

after executing a program (being it command.com or dataperfect), shell
does some 'cleanup' code.

it simply thinks that all (MZ) memory blocks above SHELL.EXE are leftovers
from external execution, and calls DOSfree(). if they are leftover
PSPs, the potential environment at psp:[2c] is also freed.

now freedos command.com loads it's own environment as high as
possible; usually at around 9F9F:0.

when SHELL executes an external program, this environment gets freed,
and soon after trashed.

SHELL bug. case closed.

Tom

am 6. Juni 2016 um 12:42 schrieben Sie: