From: Ralf Quint <freedos...@gmail.com>

On 8/18/2016 6:31 AM, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Tom Ehlert wrote on Mon, 15 Aug 2016 16:00:55 +0200:
>
>> an amazing amount of effort to get a german keyboard driver
> Not really once you know that you don't need the .kl file.
> According to
> http://help.fdos.org/de/hhstndrd/base/keyb.htm
> you have to run (as an example) "keyb GR,,GR GR.KL /E".
Well, no. You "have to" read the instructions properly though.
It clearly states after that example that you need those additional
parameters only if you are encumbered with an enhanced AT keyboard
(101/102keys) as opposed to a standard XT (83keys)/AT keyboard (84
keys)  that isn't recognized as such and the additional keys don't work.
As pretty much all keyboards of the last 20 years are newer versions of
that enhanced AT keyboard type, it is very unlikely that today you would
still have one of those unrecognized ones from 30+ years back on your
system...
> But I have the same problem with it. Adding "keyb gr" to autoexec.bat does
> not run it. It seems autoexec.bat isn't executed at all. Shouldn't it run
> automatically once DOS is loaded?
Unless you made a very fundamental error, it likely is.
Tom posted already one way to verify that, another one would be to put a
PAUSE statement before (and after) the statement in question as well as
making you that the default ECHO mode is on (no ECHO OFF statement at
the top of your autoexec.bat). You should see the command being called
and any error message if there's something wrong with that line...

Ralf

---

--- Internet Rex 2.29
 * Origin: capcity2.synchro.net - 502/875-8938 (1:2320/105.99)

---
 * BgNet 1.0b12 = CCO * KY/US * 502/875-8938 * capcity2.synchro.net
--- Synchronet 3.15a-Linux ListGate 1.3
 *  Capitol City Online - Frankfort, KY - telnet://capitolcityonline.net