From: dmccunney <dennis.mccun...@gmail.com>

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 11:59 PM, Thomas Mueller <mueller6...@twc.com> wrote:

> I have some @bellsouth.net inboxes/accounts from my days with bellsouth.net .
>
> I also have an AOL free email account.
>
> So I wonder how these will be affected.

They shouldn't be affected at all.  Bell South is not part of Verizon.
It's a separate Baby Bell created by the breakup of the old AT&T.
Verizon owns AOL but it still exists.  Verizon is pushing former
verizon.net email accounts to move to AOL accounts instead.

> For a time, about three weeks, POP3 download from bellsouth.net account was
very slow, and only one or two at a time.

> That made me switch three mailing list subscriptions to twc.com .
>
> There is also a freemail service at gmx.net as well as premium, paying email

There are a variety of free web based email offers.  I'm betting
Yahoo's will go away, and possibly be mergered into AOL's offering.

> Yahoo has been using an annoying CAPTCHA to get access to webmail or even
online help, with letters/numbers that didn't stay still but swam around, so I
couldn't solve the CAPTCHA.  And AT&T has the gall to send advertising for
their Internet service (DIRECTV or Uverse).

Yahoo has been annoying for quite some time.  My gripe back when was
Yahoo's insistence on sending HTML email, even if you had configured
Yahoo Mail for plain text.  It was a problem for various Yahoo Groups
that were explicitly plain text and didn't want HTML formatted mail.

I have a Yahoo account, created as an alternate for testing, and one
mailing list I own and moderate also goes there as well as to my Gmail
account.  If it goes away, I won't miss it.

> Tom
______
Dennis
https://plus.google.com/u/0/105128793974319004519

--- Internet Rex 2.29
 * Origin: capcity2.synchro.net - 502/875-8938 (276:10/901)
--- Synchronet 3.15a-Linux ListGate 1.3
 *  Capitol City Online - Frankfort, KY - telnet://capitolcityonline.net