On 15/03/2020 21:34, Karen Lewellen wrote:
Including on board dos screen readers ASAP and Tinytalk.

Interesting. After a short search I found a TSR screen reader called "PROVOX", which appears to be open-source. Is this something worth looking at? So far I was able to load it under FreeDOS within a VirtualBox instance, and I am able to receive "something" on the host (through a virtual COM port). Unfortunately I am unable to figure out the meaning of what PROVOX outputs - I was expecting some human phrases meant to be read aloud, but apparently the protocol used by synthesizer is more complex than that.

Mateusz