Hi Mercury,

> Where would one find the most recent UHDD sources?

They can be found in

> ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/dos/cdrom/uide/drivers-2019-03-31.zip

which alas is a VERY generic name to google for...

The zip contains:

readme.txt, uhdd.asm and uhdd sys 2019-04-02

cc, rdisk, rdiskon, udvd2, uide,
xmgr all asm & sys 2015-03-05.

As far as I remember, a 2017-10-30 update of xmgr
should be available - somewhere else on ibiblio.

Also, separate uide and udvd2 packages should be
in the FreeDOS 1.3 repositories already, but have
a look whether they are up to date.

udvd2 is a driver for SATA and ATAPI CD/DVD drives
uhdd is a disk cache and UDMA driver

uide combines basic features of udvd2 and uhdd for
those who want to create very small boot disks.

rdisk is a FAT16 ramdisk (2 MB to 2 GB size)

xmgr is a himem style memory manager

Unlike most CD/DVD drivers which need special CD
caches such as cdrcache, udvd2 can automatically
use the cache provided by uhdd if both are used.

Note that the readme describes ALL drivers, so you
could put copies in each package. Having separate
packages helps users to find and install individual
components, whereas the "drivers.zip" is something
only insiders would suspect to contain all this ;-)

Regards, Eric