On Mar 27 2020 23:53, Random Liegh wrote via Freedos-user:
> The important question isn't "why would I", the question is "can I".
>
> Any reason someone would want to port software from dos to another OS
> valid. Any reason. But in the case of 4dos they can't because of the
> license.

While that holds true, there are some things that will never be able to
cross between OSes without a substancial change to the licenses. Just
think about ZFS on Solaris and (not on) Linux. Both OSes have an open,
but incompatible license.

The short answer to the question: "no, you cannot". That's just how it
is. But it doesn't mean that the one place where it can be used has to
therefore exclude it.

A.