On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 06:44:20PM +0200, Eric Auer wrote:

> Hi! In which sense do you suffer from which bug exactly?
>
> Does int 1a function 4 return the wrong century? Wrong
> year? Wrong other date fields and function 5 fails to
> let you fix it? A simple TSR could override those calls.
>
> I fail to remember any other BIOS function handle years
> and reprogramming the BIOS would be a lot more effort,
> although it should be easy to find your int 1a handler
> and tune it to return other centuries. It is uploading
> the changed BIOS (with ok checksum!) that takes effort.

I have to update current date each time I boot my DOS up, which is becoming
somewhat irritating.

I found some basic information here: https://www.daqarta.com/y2kure.htm
(I mean "BACKGROUND" paragraph), but when possible I'd like simply to modify
BIOS and resolve the problem "once for always"
--
regards,
Zbigniew