On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 07:31:02PM +0200, userbeit...@abwesend.de wrote:

> Wow! Thanks for the link to Y2kure! This is the fix I absolutely prefer
> for most of my older systems, since I deem any meddling with the BIOS
> too dangerous... I just don't have the know-how to repair a possible
> failure on that part.

I believe your old motherboards similarly to mine properly keep track of all
the "time parameters" but year alone. So it would be very easy to work the
problem around by adding in AUTOEXEC.BAT the line like "date -y 2020" (if
"date" utility had -y option - but it doesn't have it, so there's a need
for parsing its output and creating proper date string which will be passed
as parameter; or maybe for writing something directly to registers.

Anyway I'll try to mess with that BIOS first
--
regards,
Zbigniew