On 12/4/2020 10:42 AM, ZB wrote:

Why petabytes? I believe there could be "sane boundary" established; for
example: "FreeDOS installation has to fit standard 650 MB CD".

This sounds rather insane to me, considering that MS-DOS/PC-DOS fit on 3 or 4 floppy disks. Just saying.

There have been for more than a decade two different trends when it come to FreeDOS, both of which I think are neither healthy nor sustainable.

For one, it seems that some people feel the need to include everything and the kitchen sink as part of FreeDOS. Even if there is only the slightest shadow of usefulness for DOS.

And the other is that people stopped collaborating on a given program/tool. And instead we have now a more or less large plethora of tools that all do the same thing. And I am not necessarily talking about different editors, which can have different use cases to begin with...

Ralf