Hi,

Some random additional thoughts,

I guess some times there was a little confusion with the 1.2 release over a
FULL install.

Some thought it installed absolutely everything on the disc. But, that was not
the case.

There was over 400mb of packages not included by FULL. Those were the EXTRA
packages.

Many people probably never even though to look at those EXTRAs.

So with 1.3-RC3, we made FULL install pretty much everything on the CD.

This resulted in a lengthy install, cluttered root and much un-needed cruft.

While we will work on fixing all of that root directory clutter, I don’t think
500-600 mb FULL install is the answer.

In my opinion,

        Slimming FULL back to 100mb maximum
        No (or very limited) EXTRAS on the install CD
        Maybe everything else on a separate BONUS (or maybe eventually a Bonus
Dev, GUI, Utils) disc.

:-)

Jerome