Hi!

> Maybe, but 90% of FreeDOS users don't need programming languages

Well it is open source, so it is good to show users
what coding can mean ;-) But what you mean is the
BASE install: Indeed that should be similar in size
to old MS DOS distros, only a few megabytes, just
the features of DOS itself, plus some new drivers.

>> Now you already are at 200 MB...

You misunderstand my point: I suggest to NOT add 200
or even 400 MB or 3 GB to the installation CD. Maybe
50 MB for the basics, because they easily fit on one
CD together with all the other FULL install stuff.

But even FULL install should not be more than that.
Those who want up to 3 GB of DJGPP stuff can still
install that from the DJGPP website later. That means
having good network drivers would be nice. So people
can download more stuff without having to leave DOS.

A separate source code CD would be a nice idea indeed.

Cheers, Eric