I am having trouble here, Brandon:

Make sure your FreeDOS CD is in the drive.

Using my 64 bit Linux computer, I downloaded the legacy CD-ROM, saved to disk named "FDI-CD1". This contains folders: ARCHIVER, BASE, BOOT, DEVEL, EDIT, GAMES, NET, PKGINFO, SOUND, and UTIL; and the files boot.cat and boot.img.

Then run FDIMPLES.

I put the newly recorded CD-ROM into my old 32 bit PC. I switched the focus to D:. DIR/W says that the volume in drive D is FDI-CD. Then I typed "FDIMPLES". Resulting in the error "Bad command or filename". The same occurs with C:.

I have an old installation on a USB drive recognised as A:. FDIMPLES shows the FreeDOS Installer, 0.9.7.

Go to “Graphical Desktops”, press TAB, press ENTER on “OPENGEM.”

I see listed: Archivers, Base, Boot Tools, Development, Editors, Games, Networking, Sound, and Utilities. This list does not contain "Graphical Desktops"!
--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/