Hi

To preserve all old DOS software (freeware, shareware, demo, for
non-commercial use, open source, etc) I recommend creating individual
accounts on archive.org and uploading it there. The Internet Archive is a
non-profit public library in the US that can store copies of books and
archives according to the US copyright law (108). I think it is important
to not let the DOS software disappear from the earth. If someone has DOS
BBS backups with several files that are no longer available on the web, it
may be a good option to upload them there.

About the "Freeware for non-commercial use". It goes against the OSI
definition, even if the author shares the source code, when he puts that on
the license it breaks the OSI definition "#6. No Discrimination Against
Fields of Endeavor". Check https://opensource.org/osd

My opinion is that we should not risk the FreeDOS project with software
that is not formally open source software. We may describe the software,
create articles about it, share our own screenshots, and link that DOS
software (if it is legally available on the web), but not host non open
source files on a FreeDOS project server.

I cross my fingers that the author of Diskman will accept to open source
it.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
http://www.os2world.com