On 23 Jun 2021 at 14:59, Lukas Satin wrote:

> ... Get XT IDE eeprom and put it in Ethernet NIC for example to get

> boot options even for 386 and bypass size limitations

Oh I see, you mean this:
http://www.xtideuniversalbios.org/
...apparently the software project is still active :-)

That's one lovely practical hack :-D

My remaining ISA NIC's have ended up in the trash a few years ago.

I'm wondering how much work it would be to inject this into an older
Award BIOS. If memory serves, ISA option ROM's somehow did not load
automatically... what did work was link the ROM as a PCI PnP option
ROM and insert it into the BIOS image instead of the original PCI NIC
option ROM (referring to its HW PCI ID's). Requires a NIC integrated
on the motherboard. No such procedure is mentioned in the XTIDE
docs...

Frank