Yeah. If you absolutely want to develop software for bare-metal FreeDOS, you probably want to do it on compatible hardware. That concerns network cards, VESA and ISA sound cards mostly. As soon as you set foot on a PCI sound card or newer, you're in Windows land. Going back to DOS from this point is not impossible, but it is painful.

>$2700 price tag

I'm sorry, I think HP is under a cyber attack. Clearly someone is using XSS on their website to get prices of real estate, cryptocurrency or Apple products.

Best regards,

Michał