On Tuesday, November 30th, 2021 at 11:34 PM, dmccunney
dennis.mccun...@gmail.com wrote:

> And this is not a machine you want to try to set up FreeDOS to run from the
> bare metal on. Too much of the hardware is simply not supported by any form
> of DOS. DOS stopped being sold and supported long before some of it existed,
> and it uses UEFI, not a BIOS, so getting DOS to boot on it will be a real
> challenge.

It would be interesting to find someone who purchased it and see exactly what
software HP bundles with it.

[sarc]
I mean, come on, HP. You love to bundle software with everything! We can't even
buy a printer from you without getting 1.7 GiB of extra crap on a disc. So what
about FreeDOS? Hmm?
[/sarc]

But seriously, though, I wonder if the hardware in this specific laptop is
actually supported under DOS, and perhaps HP supplies drivers for it just like
they would supply drivers for Windows or whatever other OS they would sell
alongside their hardware. Yeah, I know that's probably not the case. But that
would be nice. That would be nice. :)