> On Sun, 26 Dec 2021 at 06:00, Thomas Mueller <mueller6...@twc.com> wrote:

> > I would like to connect to the Internet using FreeDOS, but I haven't found
> > a compatible packet driver.

> > Main purpose in connecting to the Internet from FreeDOS would be to prove
> > it can be done.

> Define "connecting to the Internet". I mean, people do this fairly
> routinely; you can serve web pages from DOS if you want. There were
> DOS email and chat and FTP clients; that stuff's fairly easy.

> It's the Web that's hard.

> Liam Proven ~ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven

Connecting to the Internet can be complicated if the Ethernet chip is not
supported by the driver.

This is a problem with many of the newer chips with DOS.

Many Web designers make their sites overcomplicated, requiring great gymnastics
to navigate, creating great difficulties for Unix-type OSes and hopeless for
DOS.

Tom