On Mon, Mar 14, 2022 at 12:08 PM Robert Riebisch <r...@bttr-software.de>
wrote:

> Hi Travis,
>
> > (probably a silly question, but it would help me to be able to run dos
> > apps this way, unless someone has another free alternative that is
> > accessible).
>
> Maybe http://takeda-toshiya.my.coocan.jp/msdos/ is already enough on
> Windows 10 x64?
>
> DOSBox is no option?

If you just want to run a 16-bit DOS application in Windows then it might
just run if you are using Windows 10 32-bit. Windows will ask you to enable
a program called NTVDM to enable that.

I recently discovered NTVDMx64 which is a port of Microsofts NTVDM. It got
my 16-bit DOS application to run just fine IN Windows 10 64-bit... no need
for DOS or any emulators.
https://github.com/leecher1337/ntvdmx64
http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/ntvdmx64.html

If your application is written for Windows 1.x, 2.x, or 3.x, or maybe
Windows 95 or Windows 98 or Windows Me. There is also a program
called: Otvdm/winevdm
http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/otvdm.html

In my case NTVDMx64 was an ideal option because I could keep all the same
networking, printing and USB support my application needed that was either
going to be not possible or else a pain to set up with a DOS solution. The
developer gives amazing support.

Cheers,

Flex