The challenge, at least for some, is that ssh2dos has not gotten an update allowing for the current approach to dh keys and the like. I personally use ssh2dos several times a day to reach the shell service I have. However, I can no longer use ssh2dos for my workplace Linux shell from dreamhost, because openssh stopped supporting public and global dh keys.
Karen