Hello,

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 at 17:19, Frantisek Rysanek <frantisek.rysa...@post.cz>
wrote:

> Built-in fonts are obviously an option, there's always some plain
> ASCII built in, and I believe in the old DOS era there used to be...
> programs that you ran before printing your jobs, that would
> pre-upload font sets or national character sets into the printer, so
> that your print jobs could then refer to those fonts and produce the
> desired output on paper.

DEVICE=PRINTER.SYS
MODE PRN CODEPAGE...
MODE PRN SELECT...

Creating a FD-PRINTER out of DISPLAY would not be hard.
The problem is that I don't have printer-specific language codes for
changing codepage that we would embed on a "printer-like CPI file". Such a
program would be the body of such a "CPI" file, and MODE would just let
PRINTER handle it.

Aitor