Hi,

browsing through the email archive of the list I could not find a related topic. So I try to ask here.

My problem:

I use a Hasu  USB converter https://1upkeyboards.com/shop/controllers/usb-to-usb-converter/

to have a "Dual function": When holding the Space-Key + an alpha-numeric key, tghe space bar should work as a SHIFT modifier.

This works fine on Mac, Windows, but not with  FREE-Dos on my "HP Netbook" small computers. It DOES work on a Lenovo desktop computer, where I also boot FREE DOS from an USB Stick like on the HP.

The malfunction is, that from "time to time" (actually quite "often") the cursor starts to move from "alone" and wandering off creating just empty space, like when you would hold the spacebar down. When I hit the Spacebar again, the cursor stops.

The same problem occurs when using an Ergodox keyboard where there is an "AUTOSHIFT" function, where you HOLD a key slightly longer then normal to get a "SHIFT"+character.

Might be the BIOS differences, or is the keyboard controller automatically sending a "space" character somehow or the FreeDos interprets some signal from the keyboard controller as a Key-Press????

Anyone any idea why this  happens?

Thanks, Thomas