Keyboards can sometimes do funny things, especially keyboards like the ones
you're describing that have special timing-related "features" built into them.

I would suggest starting with my SCANTEST program (attached) and see what the
keyboard is actually sending to the computer (SCANTEST is one of the test
utilities that is included with my USB drivers).  Rename SCANTEST.CO_ to
SCANTEST.COM and run it.  This sounds like a keyboard (hardware) issue rather
than software, but more testing is needed to sort it out.