You might also try standing up an http to https proxy.  There are some
proxies setup specifically for retro computers like

https://protoweb.org/get-started/
https://github.com/DrKylstein/retro-proxy
https://youtu.be/-Qs3LVPmLgk
https://protoweb.org/wiki/servers/
http://www.steptail.com/retroweb:servers

curl let’s you specify a proxy server with “-x” and a “username:password”
(some proxies require this) with “-U”.  Examine curl’s arguments with “-h”.

Don’t do anything that requires security (banking, personal info,
connecting to work) if you decide to use a 3rd party proxy.  All of these
proxies can potentially see your credentials and sensitive information.  It
would be best to stand up your own proxy if your technically capable of
doing so.