The cert check bypass seems to solve my issue, thank you very much!
Also, the error message I get (with cert check) is:
curl: (77) error setting certificate verify locations:   CAfile: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt CApath: none

Sent: Saturday, August 05, 2023 at 2:37 PM
From: "Louis Santillan via Freedos-user" <freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net>
To: "Discussion and general questions about FreeDOS." <freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc: "Louis Santillan" <lpsan...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Freedos-user] How do I update certificates in FreeDOS?
zerofive, you did not provide us actual error messages.  We can only speculate.

At least with curl on Linux, you can bypass cert checks with “-k”.  If you still believe it’s certs and you have a known good certificate and private key, you pass them as “--cert” and “--key”, respectively.  wget has similar arguments as well.