On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 02:52:28PM +0100, Neil Armstrong wrote:
> On 23/02/2024 13:51, Johan Hovold wrote:

> >> To clarify, I only applied patch 1 to drm-misc-fixes
> >
> > Ok, but can you please not do that? :)
> >
> > These patches should go in through the same tree to avoid conflicts.
> >
> > I discussed this with Bjorn and Dmitry the other day and the conclusion
> > was that it was easiest to take all of these through DRM.
>
> I only applied patch 1, which is a standalone fix and goes into a separate
> tree,
> for the next patches it would be indeed simpler for them to go via drm-misc
> when
> they are properly acked.

But it is *not* standalone as I tried to explain above.

So you have to drop it again as the later patches depend on it and
cannot be merged (through a different tree) without it.

I thought you had all the acks you needed to take this through drm-misc,
but we can wait a bit more if necessary (and there's no rush to get the
first one in).

Johan