On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 04:18:08PM +0200, Dmitry Baryshkov wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Feb 2024 at 15:52, Neil Armstrong <neil.armstr...@linaro.org>
> wrote:

> > > Ok, but can you please not do that? :)
> > >
> > > These patches should go in through the same tree to avoid conflicts.
> > >
> > > I discussed this with Bjorn and Dmitry the other day and the conclusion
> > > was that it was easiest to take all of these through DRM.
> >
> > I only applied patch 1, which is a standalone fix and goes into a separate
> > tree,
> > for the next patches it would be indeed simpler for them to go via drm-misc
> > when
> > they are properly acked.
>
> I think PHY patches can go through a usual route (phy/next or
> phy/fixes).

They can, but I've explicitly asked Vinod to ack them so that they can
go in with the rest of the series through DRM.

They also fix a regression that came in through DRM in 6.8-rc1 (the
bridge rework which started registering child devices) so it makes sense
to also route the fix the same way. And to do it for this cycle.

> For patches 3 and 4 I'd need an ack from Bjorn to merge
> them through drm-misc-next or drm-misc-fixes.

You have Bjorn's ack. He's reviewed all the patches for this purpose and
we discussed this in person two days ago.

And, again, this has to go in for *this* cycle. You broke the display on
the X13s and other machines so this cannot wait for 6.9.

Johan