On 11/09/2010 10:31 PM, Adam Young wrote:
On 11/08/2010 11:07 PM, Pavel Zůna wrote:
Finally, there it is. :)

I redesigned the whole thing to fit the baseldap model.

Here's some example on how it's used:

# create zone 'example.com'
# ipa dnszone-add example.com --name=ns.example.com
--admin=ad...@example.com

# create a resource in zone 'example.com' named 'machine1'
# (machine1.example.com) with A record 10.10.0.1
# ipa dnsres-add example.com machine1 --a-rec=10.10.0.1

# Add another A record to 'machine1' in 'example.com'
# ipa dnsres-add-record example.com machine1 --a-rec=10.10.0.2

# Remove one of the A records from 'machine1' in 'example.com'
# ipa dnsres-remove-record example.com machine1 --a-rec=10.10.0.1

The plugin is pretty complex and requires my patch number 35 to work.
There is a bunch of unit tests, so hopefully it won't be too much pain
to review.

You can use both dns and dns2 at the same time.

When dns2 is tested enough, it should replace the original dns plugin.

docstring (ipa help dns2) documentation will follow soon in a separate
patch.

Pavel

Note that it has the patch format issue where Thunderbird prepends a >
keeping git am from applying.  Also, patch name is reversed:  we had
standardized on freeipa_<username>

Sorry about that, I'll make sure to use this convention for my future patches.

The lite server doesn't seem to want to respond to thenew commands.  ipa
helpd dns2 brings up the right subset of helpstrings, but:

[ayo...@ipa freeipa]$ ./ipa  dnszone-find
ipa: ERROR: unknown command u'dnszone_find'

[ayo...@ipa freeipa]$ ./ipa  dnsres-find ayoung.boston.devel.redhat.com
ipa: ERROR: unknown command u'dnsres_find'

Just tested in on a clean clone of master and it works.

Check your configuration:
./ipa env | grep xmlrpc_uri

It should read: https://localhost:8888/ipa/xml

Otherwise you're not connecting to the lite-server, but to the installed server.

Pavel