On 11/24/2010 03:46 AM, Pavel Zuna wrote:
On 11/24/2010 03:26 AM, Adam Young wrote:
On 11/23/2010 09:37 AM, Pavel Zuna wrote:
Finally managed to rewrite the DNS plugin again. Sorry, it took so
long, we had training in the office and I also had a nasty bug in
baseldap.py I couldn't find.

Anyway, this version has it all:
- changes we agreed on meeting, the "resource" abstraction is gone and
we now only have zones and records = adding new record automatically
updates and existing entry or creates it if it wasn't there and
deleting the last record deletes the whole entry - all of it
transparent to the user
- unit tests
- ipa help documentation

Fixes tickets:

I also closed bug #654412.

It has a new patch sequence number, because it depends on another
patch with a higher number and didn't want to create forward
dependencies.

Depends on my patches number:
35 (will repost if needed)
38 (posted a while ago on freeipa-devel)

Pavel

I keep getting an error when doing simple things like install and ipa help:
[ayo...@ipa freeipa]$ ./ipa help dns2
ipa: ERROR: AttributeError: cannot override NameSpace.idnsname value
Str('idnsname', cli_name='name', doc=Gettext('Zone name (FQDN)',
domain='ipa', localedir=None), label=Gettext('Zone name', domain='ipa',
localedir=None), multivalue=False, normalizer=<lambda>,
primary_key=True, query=True, required=True) with Str('idnsname',
attribute=True, cli_name='name', doc=Gettext('Record name',
domain='ipa', localedir=None), label=Gettext('Record name',
domain='ipa', localedir=None), multivalue=False, primary_key=True,
query=True, required=True)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/ayoung/devel/freeipa/ipalib/cli.py", line 962, in run
api.finalize()
File "/home/ayoung/devel/freeipa/ipalib/plugable.py", line 615, in finalize
p.instance.finalize()
File "/home/ayoung/devel/freeipa/ipalib/frontend.py", line 724, in finalize
self._create_param_namespace('args')
File "/home/ayoung/devel/freeipa/ipalib/frontend.py", line 350, in
_create_param_namespace
sort=False
File "/home/ayoung/devel/freeipa/ipalib/base.py", line 407, in __init__
(self.__class__.__name__, name, self.__map[name], member)
AttributeError: cannot override NameSpace.idnsname value Str('idnsname',
cli_name='name', doc=Gettext('Zone name (FQDN)', domain='ipa',
localedir=None), label=Gettext('Zone name', domain='ipa',
localedir=None), multivalue=False, normalizer=<lambda>,
primary_key=True, query=True, required=True) with Str('idnsname',
attribute=True, cli_name='name', doc=Gettext('Record name',
domain='ipa', localedir=None), label=Gettext('Record name',
domain='ipa', localedir=None), multivalue=False, primary_key=True,
query=True, required=True)
ipa: ERROR: an internal error has occurred

That's because you need my patch number 35 for it to work...

Pavel

OK, with that change, the patch applies and works.

I've tested:  creating a zone
Creating an a record
Adding an a record entry to an existing entry (calling ipa dnsrecord-add a second time with just a different ip address)
Adding an aaaa record.
Deleting one and multiple aaaa records

One thing that is a little counter intuitive is that you have to specify which records to delete: just running ipa dnsrecord-del ayoung.test.ipa.redhat.com hiphop doesn't delete all records with the A name of hiphop. I think this is the right behavior, but it should be better documented.

Have to hold off on pushing it due to F14: python-netaddr Isn't in F14, so we are adding a new python package with this plugin, too.