On 11/01/2012 07:28 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-11-01 at 10:59 -0400, Rob Crittenden wrote:
>> Rob Crittenden wrote:

>>> This fixes things for me but ipactl start isn't working reliably and
>>> I've yet to determine if it is related or not (I'm thinking not).
>>>
>>> What I see is that it considers pki-tomcatd to not have started. What is
>>> happening is the request to the getStatus URI is timing out and that
>>> exception is being considered a "didn't start."
>>>
>>> I modified the code to treat a timeout as a 503 and it is still failing
>>> because the timeout is so longer that it eats up all our normal timeout
>>> for waiting for the service at all.
>>>
>>> I don't see a way to pass a timeout to the http request method, I'll
>>> keep looking.
>>>
>>> I'm testing in F-18 btw.
>>
>> I can't reproduce the startup issues this morning, I still don't think
>> they are related to this patch, so ACK.
>>
>> pushed all 3 to master and ipa-3-0
>
> You pushed an older revision for patch 2, I reverted it on both trees
> and pushed the right one.
>
> Simo.

While trying to follow this thread, I must throw my 2 conservative cents in.
This thread is a very good example why processing our patches via patchwork is
IMHO rather fuzzy and can cause more confusion than clarity. These are my main
points:

I cannot see which patches are the recent ones. Each patch is sent separately
in mail body and I cannot quickly see by looking in thread which mail contains
a revised patch and which is just a comment.

When patches are attached directly to mail as files, I can quickly distinguish
which mail has new patch set as it has "the paperclip icon". It also enabled us
to attach a whole set of valid patches to one mail and thus make it easier for
reviewer to pull a whole set of valid patches in one click.

Patchwork style patch sending also generates a lot of mails which may confuse
not only me but other contributors...

Comments welcome,
Martin