On 01/30/2013 03:56 PM, Dmitri Pal wrote:
On 01/30/2013 09:41 AM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 01/30/2013 03:28 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
[...]

ipaldap.py is going away eventually, right?

No, the common code is in ipaldap.py.
ldap2.py only has the ldap2 class, which is a CRUDBackend, manages the
magic per-thread connections, and has some extra helpers that can
assume IPA is installed.

[...]

Though I am all for the consolidation and no duplication please do not
forget that LDAP connection from the install script is someone
different. I remember there was a discussion somewhere about that. Just
keep in mind that there are some special cases that might be lost during
consolidation that would cause regressions so please be careful.

Right. IPAdmin is staying in ipaldap.
Its has own connection code and a bit of legacy stuff I'm now trying to get rid of, everything else is shared with ldap2 via a superclass.

--
PetrĀ³