On 02/14/2013 03:34 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 02/07/2013 03:08 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 02/06/2013 12:44 AM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
This adds a cert-find command for the dogtag backend.

Searches can be done by serial number, by subject, revocation reason,
issue date, notbefore, notafter and revocation dates.

I added some basic tests for this. I made it a separate test file
because the cert plugin tests do not use the declarative format and
rely
on the selfsign backend by default.

rob

Should I create Web UI in scope of this ticket or a new one?

I was also thinking if it's time to implement #191 'Web UI: specify
fields to search on' [1]. Maybe in Pilsner.

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/191

I'm going to open a UI ticket once the API is finalized. I didn't want
to give you a moving target to work against.

rob

I see that the search requires to specify options for attributes to
search on. There is no general CRITERIA positional argument as in other
find commands or am I mistaken?

Is it possible to add the CRITERIA argument? Is the no 'OR' search an
obstacle for it?

If so we would really need to push the ticket #191 because UI doesn't
support search by only specifying specific attributes yet.

Your analysis is correct.

It may be considered a hack but what if I treat subject as the CRITERIA
argument?

rob

Better that than nothing.

Just a confirmation: when user does not set any option, it will return all certificates? Or it will return nothing?

I see Web UI implementation this way:
 1) implement simple search with the hack now
2) if there will be time before release (after the refactoring and other tickets) implement #191 (will require UXD input) to implement this the proper way. We can move #191 to triage to decide it.
--
Petr Vobornik