On 02/14/2013 05:27 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 02/14/2013 03:34 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 02/07/2013 03:08 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 02/06/2013 12:44 AM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
This adds a cert-find command for the dogtag backend.

Searches can be done by serial number, by subject, revocation
reason,
issue date, notbefore, notafter and revocation dates.

I added some basic tests for this. I made it a separate test file
because the cert plugin tests do not use the declarative format and
rely
on the selfsign backend by default.

rob

Should I create Web UI in scope of this ticket or a new one?

I was also thinking if it's time to implement #191 'Web UI: specify
fields to search on' [1]. Maybe in Pilsner.

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/191

I'm going to open a UI ticket once the API is finalized. I didn't want
to give you a moving target to work against.

rob

I see that the search requires to specify options for attributes to
search on. There is no general CRITERIA positional argument as in other
find commands or am I mistaken?

Is it possible to add the CRITERIA argument? Is the no 'OR' search an
obstacle for it?

If so we would really need to push the ticket #191 because UI doesn't
support search by only specifying specific attributes yet.

Your analysis is correct.

It may be considered a hack but what if I treat subject as the CRITERIA
argument?

rob

Better that than nothing.

Just a confirmation: when user does not set any option, it will return
all certificates? Or it will return nothing?

I see Web UI implementation this way:
  1) implement simple search with the hack now
  2) if there will be time before release (after the refactoring and
other tickets) implement #191 (will require UXD input) to implement this
the proper way. We can move #191 to triage to decide it.

The thing is we have to live with whatever API choice we decide on.

It is more correct to have no positional args and stick with options, to
mimik what the remote API provides.

It's not a problem to use the --subject option, so we don't have to implement the positional argument when it has the same meaning. What I meant by use hack is 'filter by subject or nothing'.

--> This patch is OK from UI perspective (considering the limitations).

If you search on nothing you get everything, up to the default sizelimit.

Petr Vobornik