On 5/6/2013 11:20 AM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
In the simpleuser.js the new 'user' entity is registered first then the
old 'user' entity is removed, which could be confusing because they are
both identified using 'user'. Should register() automatically remove the
old object?

I've mixed feelings about it. I would rather keep the methods simple -
one task oriented.

The issue was caused by other problem: The plugin had to wait for
metadata and profile information (to check self-service). So the
callback is called after menu is created and menu requires the entity to
be resolved. Should we postpone the menu creation to a different phase?
Maybe a new one?

I'm not sure exactly how the menu works, but if you create another phase how will it address the problem?

As a side note, if the phases are implemented as regular class methods, the plugins probably can just override the method. You won't need to introduce a new phase.

--
Endi S. Dewata