On Thu, 2014-09-11 at 16:39 +0200, Petr Viktorin wrote:
> On 09/11/2014 04:38 PM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:

> >> We're basing the Fedora 21 Alpha downstream on FreeIPA 4.0.3, so we
> >> couldn't include the patch even there.
> >> There better be no such issues.
> > what do you mean by "no such issues" ? I don't think that 389/F21 will
> > be the first bug free software. At the moment Thierry is investigating a
> > crash in dna-plugin and Noriko a memory leak, which could be in F21 -
> >

> any known issues in the F21 389-ds-base build that would prevent
> upstream FreeIPA 4.0.x to be based on it

Yes. 389 will not start if weak ciphers are specified. Currently,
FreeIPA specifies weak ciphers. This means that FreeIPA in F21 doesn't
work at all because the DS will never start.

We need this patch merged: https://fedorahosted.org/389/ticket/47838

Then, we need an F21 build of 389-ds-base.

Then we need to merge Ludwig's IPA patch from this thread with a
versioned dependency on the new 389-ds-base build.

Then we release 4.0.3.

> Plugin crashes or memory leaks are bad, but we can release with them.

+1. The real problem is that without the above fixes, IPA doesn't work
at all.

Nathaniel