On 25.8.2015 11:25, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 24.8.2015 19:51, Simo Sorce wrote:
Why do we have cainstance.py and ca.py and krainstance.py and kra.py in
ipaserver/install when you always need both files to do anything around
installation of the ca ?

Is there a motivation ?
Or can I simply provide a patch to remove the ca.py and kra.py files an
unify all code in the proper *instance.py file ?

ca.py and kra.py are the proper files ready to be migrated to the new
install framework, cainstance.py and krainstance.py will be removed.

... once the migration is done. (Hit send button too fast.)

The motivation is that *instance.py do not provide a uniform interface, have a lot of redundant and duplicate stuff and are generally unfit for any further extension.

Honza

--
Jan Cholasta