On 14.1.2016 17:49, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 01/14/2016 11:09 AM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 14.1.2016 10:48, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 01/14/2016 07:55 AM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
Hi,

On 13.1.2016 13:03, Martin Babinsky wrote:
On 01/13/2016 11:34 AM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
Hello,
I'm planning to port the ipa-client to Python 3, and I'm likely to end
up shaking out some dusty corners of the codebase, rather than
doing the
minimal amount of work :)
So I'd like to get your opinions before I commit significant time to
this.

Here's a patch for review.
(I'm sending the full diff for applying; the result is nicer to look at
with `git show -C`)

[...]
client-tools/
- man/*
- *.c
- *.h
- all the automake stuff
- current contents of ipa-install (Python scripts that go in
/usr/sbin)

I would rather s/client-tools/client/, as this stuff goes into the
freeipa-*client* subpackage.

OK. It's just that there's no admintools/ or server/ either.

Putting the scripts into install/tools/ (or install/client/) is another
possibility.

Right. I guess we have to decide whether we want a directory layout
based on the component/subpackage or not. install/tools/ works for me
equally well.

I put the scripts in client/. IPA supports building just the client
bits, and that's easier if the server and client scripts are separate.

I'm not sure if this is what you are suggesting or not, but I would like
the man page files to be in the same directory as the corresponding
source code files.

Do you mean not having the man/ subdirectory?

Yes. (I don't insist though.)

Even if you did insist, I think it would be better to ditch
install/tools/man/ and ipatests/man/ at the same time as client/man/, so
I'm leaving this for a potential future patch.

It could be done gradually (there already is /ipa.1 for /ipa), but OK.

The patch needs a rebase on top of master and ipa-4-3. Otherwise ACK.