On 05/04/2016 04:36 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Wed, 2016-05-04 at 15:39 +0200, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 05/02/2016 02:28 PM, David Kupka wrote:
That patch looks suspiciously short given the struggles I saw in
http://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2015-June/msg00198.html
:-)

Instead of setting to IPAPWD_END_OF_TIME, should we instead avoid filling
"krbPasswordExpiration" attribute at all, i.e. have password *without*
expiration? Or is krbPasswordExpiration mandatory?
So I looked at the MIT code, and it seem like they are coping just fine
with a missing (ie value = 0 internally) pw_expiration attribute.

So if we make our code cope with omitting any expiration if the
attribute is missing then yes, we can mark no expiration with simply
removing (or not setting) the krbPasswordExpiration attribute.
The attribute itself is optional and can be omitted.

I think this is a good idea, and is definitely better than inventing a a
magic value.

Simo.

Just a note: I tested David's patch and it actually doesn't work when the new password policy for ipausers group is created (priority = 0, which should be the highest priority). The maxlife and minlife values are empty. Even if I set the new password policy maxlife and minlife to 0 the result was that password will expire in 90 days. The patch worked correctly when I changed value of maxlife and minlife to 0 in 'global_policy'. Then the password expiration was set to 2038-01-01.