On 05/10/2016 06:48 PM, Martin Basti wrote:

On 10.05.2016 14:50, Gabe Alford wrote:
On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 6:47 AM, Martin Basti <mba...@redhat.com <mailto:mba...@redhat.com>> wrote:

    On 10.05.2016 14:42, Gabe Alford wrote:
    On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 6:26 AM, Martin Basti
    <mba...@redhat.com> wrote:

        On 10.05.2016 14:13, Gabe Alford wrote:
        On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 2:00 AM, Martin Basti
        <mba...@redhat.com> wrote:

            On 04.05.2016 15:14, Gabe Alford wrote:
            On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 11:17 PM, Abhijeet Kasurde
            <akasu...@redhat.com> wrote:

                Hi Gabe,

                I am wondering, how are we handling
                "CalledProcessError" exception ?

            I am not sure 100% what you are asking, but from what
            I understand, the "CalledProcessError" exception is
            when a process returns a non-zero exit status.
            However when running 'ipa-nis-manage enable', an
            exception is never hit even if portmap is not
            installed, hence portmap always being enabled.

            So it seems that if the process is not installed,
            "CalledProcessError" doesn't catch an error.

            Gabe
            Hello,

            portmap.enable() may raise the "CalledProcessError" in
            case that systemct enable failed and we should catch
            this exception and handle it in the same way as it is
            done now. i.e catch that exception and set proper
            return state.

            Martin^2

        Shouldn't "CalledProcessError" raise an exception in this
        case? In my testing, it doesn't seem to raise an exception
        when the service does not even exist on the system.

        Gabe

        You are right, there is try-except-pass, so no exception can
        be raised

        def __enable(self, instance_name=""):
             try:
                 ipautil.run([paths.SYSTEMCTL,"enable",
                              self.service_instance(instance_name)])
             except ipautil.CalledProcessError:
                 pass

        Martin

    It is also the case for disable(), mask(), unmask(), etc. Should
    we update the exception in __enable() or is there a reason that
    it just passes at exception?

    Gabe

    I dont think that we should chnge behavior there, what I'm
    missing there is proper logging :) If you want you can create
    ticket for it. Leave try-except-pass there, changing this may
    affect a lot of places, and there is no time to fix it in 4.4
    release.

    Martin^2

Sounds good. Do you also want to keep the try-except-pass in ipa-nis-manage as well or does my patch suffice?

Gabe

I'm fine with your patch if Abhijeet agree, we can push it.
Martin^2

ACK.