On Mon, 06 Jun 2016, thierry bordaz wrote:
Hello,

  In DS it is possible to register callbacks for extended op.
  For https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3062.txt (password modify extop),
  there is a default callback that is implemented in DS core server.
  Freeipa enables a plugin 'cn=ipa_pwd_extop,cn=plugins,cn=config'
  that also register a callback ipapwd_extop/ipapwd_chpwop, for that
  same extop.

  The server calls the callbacks until it can find one that can handle
  the OID. But the order is not guaranty.
  So the extop can be handled either by password_extop or either by
  ipapwd_chpwop.

  Those two functions are not doing the same checking/updates.

  I would like to confirm if in Freeipa context, if only
  ipapwd_extop/ipapwd_chpwop should be called
Correct. I think we have also added plugin priority to allow handling
this type of conflicts gracefully.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy