On 07.07.2016 15:06, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Abhijeet Kasurde wrote:
Hi Florence,

On 07/07/2016 03:30 PM, Florence Blanc-Renaud wrote:
On 07/07/2016 10:58 AM, Abhijeet Kasurde wrote:
Hi All,

Please review the patch.

Fixes : https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/6031

--
Thanks,
Abhijeet Kasurde

IRC: akasurde
http://akasurde.github.io

Hi Abhijeet,

thanks for your patch. I have a comment though: if the filename is
modified in ipa-backup, then it should also be changed in ipa-restore,
to make sure that the backup can be restored. It may be a good idea to
define the file name as a constant and use this constant everywhere.

I will change ipa-restore as well.
As far as I can see, the tool ipa-restore checks that the backup
version and ipa-restore version are consistent, meaning that both
tools should use the same filename and that it will not break backward
compatibility, but other team members can confirm.

I will wait for other team members to comment on this.

ipa-restore will probably need to look for both the ipa-full.tar and ipa-full.tar.gz because the version check is optional.

rob

I'm curious if this even worth to fix this.

We are saying that after each upgrade users need to recreate backups (because with high probability old backup will stop working with new packages) but I'm sure that users are not doing that, so we have to check both in restore.

Martin^2