Hi,

On 11.10.2016 15:11, Petr Vobornik wrote:
Hi List,

we discussed locally a proposal about creating a feature branch for each
sub-team effort in our main git. Currently it would be for the 4 ongoing
refactoring efforts + Simo's work

Why?
It will allow each developer to create a pull request against the
feature branch and thus it will enable iterative development by multiple
devs without affecting other sub-teams. When the feature(refactoring) is
finished, the branch would be rebased on master and merged there. Note:
rebases can be done as needed - e.g. when other subteam finishes its work.

+1

Concerns:
1. Upstream git repo would be full of such branches.
- This can be mitigated by deleting the feature branches when their are
released or merged(up to discussion)

Personally I would just keep them there, but I don't really care.

2. Too big traffic on a list.
- IMO we actually want it - progress will be visible to others

+1

Naming:
I propose:
  refactoring-XXX
  feature-XXX

I would be perfectly fine with just XXX, but again I don't really care.

Thoughts? Anyone against?

Honza

--
Jan Cholasta