On 2017-06-12 11:45, wouter.hummelink--- via FreeIPA-users wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For our puppet profile we use ipa-client-install unless the file
> /etc/ipa/default.conf exists (which is created by ipa-client-install), this
> should work for ansible as well. The creates option in both puppet exec and
> ansible shell modules seem to serve the same purpose in that regard.

In my experience a check for /etc/ipa/default.conf does not work
reliable. It fails to detect failed or broken installations.
ipa-client-install checks for additional files, e.g. its internal
installation state in /var/lib/ipa-client/sysrestore/

Christian

--
Christian Heimes
Senior Software Engineer, Identity Management and Platform Security

Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Michael
O'Neill, Eric Shander