On 06/12/2017 11:45 AM, wouter.hummelink--- via FreeIPA-users wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For our puppet profile we use ipa-client-install unless the file
> /etc/ipa/default.conf exists (which is created by ipa-client-install), this
> should work for ansible as well. The creates option in both puppet exec and
> ansible shell modules seem to serve the same purpose in that regard.

Ok, thanks for info. I suspect that the future FreeIPA client Ansible
module could benefit you as well. AFAIK, Ansible can be also called from
Puppet, if that is your configuration tool of choice.

If we manage to Ansible-ize client "properly", i.e. not just wrap
ipa-client-install in an Ansible module, but actually decompose the
steps in native Ansible actions as Flo suggested, the benefit should be
that FreeIPA client installation could be:

- modified by the client Ansible module, without having to re-enroll
client as with ipa-client-install
- possibly repaired by the client Ansible module if somebody did some
action on the client that broke it

Martin