On ti, 13 kesä 2017, Rob Crittenden via FreeIPA-users wrote:
Chris Dagdigian via FreeIPA-users wrote:
Hi folks,

Fixing a topology and replication issue caused my IDM infrastructure to
forget about roughly 30 enrolled client hosts.

Though this would be trivial to fix via an ansible playbook that runs
the IPA client install command again with the "--force-join" argument.

Manpage and docs suggest this should work. Any tips or help appreciated!

Software:

ipa-common-4.4.0-14.el7.centos.7.noarch
ipa-client-common-4.4.0-14.el7.centos.7.noarch
ipa-client-4.4.0-14.el7.centos.7.x86_64

Error when I try to re-enroll the client:

[root@deawilldpp06 centos]#
[root@deawilldpp06 centos]# ipa-client-install --force-join --mkhomedir
--unattended --password=XXXX --principal YYYY --server
deawilidmp001.ZZZZ.org --domain WWWWW.org

IPA client is already configured on this system.
If you want to reinstall the IPA client, uninstall it first using
'ipa-client-install --uninstall'.
[root@deawilldpp06 centos]#
[root@deawilldpp06 centos]#

It sure looks like client forced re-enrollment is broken and has been
for some time AFAICT. Please open a bug.
It was this way for very long time. I don't think we even allowed to
reinstall without uninstall. Check
ad717bff3c8c176f2c3c983d1a743eac00af426e, for example. This is your
commit from 2011 that moves around the code that displayed "already
configured" error message if anything was in the IPA's file store.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy