On to, 14 syys 2017, Mark Haney via FreeIPA-users wrote:
Well this is interesting.  The latest version of sudo
is sudo-1.8.6p3-29.el6_9.x86_64.  Mine is sudo-1.8.6-7.el6.x86_64.  The
issue here is that this box is CentOS 6.4 and I can't fully update it to
6.9.  But I can't simply update sudo by itself:

[root@secure nnsops]# yum update sudo
Loaded plugins: changelog, fastestmirror
Setting up Update Process
* base: mirror.cogentco.com
* epel: mirror.nodesdirect.com
* extras: mirror.team-cymru.org
* updates: centos.vwtonline.net
No Packages marked for Update

That's a good call on checking it, but I don't understand why I can't
simply yum update sudo.  I can download the package and update it, but I'm
at a loss as to why I'm not seeing it even when I run just 'yum update'. I
swear, I just don't understand how these systems were left not updated for
years.  This box is currently 6.4.
This is CentOS. See CentOS updates policy:
https://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/General#head-dcca41e9a3d5ac4c6d900a991990fd11930867d6

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy