Hi Kevin,

Thanks for sharing this.

My configuration is virtually identical.

The differences:

- I set LDAP encryption to «on»
- I don’t validate certificates here. I do use one on the idmap configuration
- I also add `map passwd loginShell loginShell` to the Auxiliary Parameters of
the LDAP configuration
- I have also «forwardable = yes» on my Kerberos configuration, in addition to
what you have

I have also host/ and an nfs/ keytab. On my configuration, it was a host/ that
was used, but I chose the nfs now, but it’s really not different.

I mount the directory, get the right permissions (sometimes), but when I access
the folder, it fails:

`drwx------. 5 francis francis   14 Oct  1 20:03 test
`
I changed back to LDAP for idmap, though I think Alexander Bokovoy is right,
this could be NSS as well. But I don’t think I am having mapping errors here.

I wonder what could be wrong.

Best,

Francis